Welcome

Miniature Apocalypse is all about helping modelers get their figures built with a modicum of quality, on budget and on the table. Remember the game store wants your hard earned money, but they should deserve it before you hand it to them.

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Word Bearers Project HQ choices build




This is the first article in my Chaos Space Marine Word Bearers series. today we will be covering the HQ section of the force. I'm basing this army on the book trilogy by Anthony Reynolds, for me the omnibus is a must read if your into chaos. For my HQ I'm using the two main characters from the books Marduk and Kol Badar.

Kol Badar

Kol Badar - Generic

To represent this character on the table you can use a standard Chaos Lord with the following gear.
Terminator armour
Veteran of the long war
Lightning Claw
Power Axe

Kol Badar - Named Character

This is simple, just use Abbadon. Everything in his rules matches with the Character of Kol Badar. You just have to fake the weapon type.


Making The Figure
Parts list:
Chaos lord plastic kit (head, body, legs, lightning claw, power axe)
Chaos terminators kit (Shoulders)
Chaos space marines kit (2 bolt pistols)
The only real conversion work I did on Kol Badar was to add two bolt pistols in the lightning claw, so I could represent Abbadon.

Dark Apostle Marduk

Dark Apostle Marduk - Generic
To represent this character on the table you can use a standard Chaos sorcerer with the following gear.
Terminator armour
Veteran of the long war
Force Weapon
Level 2 psyker

Dark Apostle Marduk - Named Character
For Marduk as a named character i think Typhus is the best match. Instead of zombies think of the cultists as whipped into a frenzy by Marduk orations.




Making The Figure
Parts list:
Chaos lord plastic kit (body, legs, left arm, loin cloth, force Icon head)
Chaos terminators kit (shoulders)
Space marine terminators kit (storm hammer right arm)
Grey knight paladins kit (come hither left hand, book of lorgar)
khorne berserkers kit (head)

For Marduk I had to represent him in the armour Warmonger granted him. So I started by removing the "rabbit ears' from a skull champion head, for his skull mask(this took a lot of fitting and carving and refitting). Next I took the storm hammer arm and added it to the modified force weapon head from the chaos lord/sorcerer kit. For the left arm i used the sorceress arm from the lord/sorcerer kit but added the hand and book from the paladin kit. All the rest is fairly standard build.

This is a fun project and I believe I really captured their personalities in the posing. that's it for now, have fun and see you soon in the 4x8 arena.

1 comment:

  1. Again, very nice conversions. I haven't read the last one of the Word Bearers book, but I think I may have to now. I too have a Word Bearers project going on. Check it out if you'd like, I haven't had many visitors yet. http://aelohym.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete