Welcome

Miniature Apocalypse is all about helping modelers get their figures built with a modicum of quality, on budget and on the table. Remember the game store wants your hard earned money, but they should deserve it before you hand it to them.

Thursday, March 28, 2013

X-wing - Slave 1 Repaint


Today we repaint the X-wing game piece Slave 1, and turn it into the regular green bounty hunter ship...


I'm planning on running a squadron of a couple of Firespray-31s (see the list below) so I need them to look different. Taking a cue from the card art I decided to paint one in the green scheme.

The first thing I learned with repaints is - you wont have the original colours, so you have to tape off the parts you want to keep - also less is more.

 
  


The Repaint
I started by taping off the parts i wanted to stay the original colours. Next I laid down a base of model colour flat green. then i used a small brush to highlight areas to look worn. for this stage I went with model colour olive green. the final stage of the green was to highlight just the tips of the last highlight with an even brighter green GW camo green. I could have used a mix of badab black and thrakka green to pick out the panel lines but this wouldn't look right compared to the rest. I'll leave this up to your taste.
Using GW solar orange and model colour white I painted in the engines in lighter and lighter blends of the orange and white, untill all I was using is the white.

lastly I painted the nose guns boltgun.

 
 

 

 


=============
Bounty hunters List
=============

99 points

Pilots
------

Bounty Hunter (37)
Upgrades: Cluster Missiles (4), Slave-1 (0)

Bounty Hunter (37)
Upgrades: Cluster Missiles (4)

Tempest Squadron Pilot (25)
Upgrades: Cluster Missiles (4)

Thats it for now, may the force be with you.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this idea I just got my Slave-1 and am looking to do a repaint on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm intrested in seeing it when your done. Send me a link if you get the chance. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my first time doing miniatures, I'm really looking forward to this project after some friends go me into the game. I have a old box from my grandfathers wood model plane building days that have a bunch of tools and it reminds me of when I would watch him when I was 10 build clocks and planes. last night I picked up a YT-1300 and will do a repaint of that and name it "Lando Gold" with a black and gold paint scheme.

      Delete
    2. Firespray-31 just came in the mail

      Delete
  3. I Did a repaint of the YT-1300 last night it's my first try and miniature painting...http://gaddiesgallery.blogspot.com/2014/08/blog-post.html

    ReplyDelete