Welcome

Miniature Apocalypse is all about helping modelers get their figures built with a modicum of quality, on budget and on the table. Remember the game store wants your hard earned money, but they should deserve it before you hand it to them.

Saturday, March 9, 2013

X-wing models review - wave 1



Star Wars has always been a love of mine, especially the video games. Now, thanks to fantasy flight, we finally have a awesome tabletop game. Today well be taking a closer look at the ships.




 



One of the things that drew me to the X-wing game is the pre-painted ship figures. sometimes you just want to play right out of the box. If this is the case , you have found your game. I bought one of each first wave ships (X-wing Y-wing, Tie fighter, and a Tie Advanced) and a starter set.

Sculpt
As far as the sculpts go, these are the best representations of the movie ships I've ever seen. Fantasy flight went out of their way to make them accurate and it really shows in the figs. The assembly of some of the parts is a little off, but this is to be expected in pre-assembled figures. my Y-wing had bent engine guards,  and I had to twist the base tube of my tie advanced so it was straight on its base. These issues are minor at best and easily fixed.




Paint
They come pre-assembled and pre-painted to a tabletop standard. For most this isn't a problem, but I'd love the option to assemble the ships myself. The painting is very well done, but I will be stripping a few just to represent specific ships.

Overall I really love these figs and cant wait to get the second wave figures I ordered.

Well that's it for now see you soon...and may the force be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment