Welcome

Miniature Apocalypse is all about helping modelers get their figures built with a modicum of quality, on budget and on the table. Remember the game store wants your hard earned money, but they should deserve it before you hand it to them.

Thursday, June 7, 2012

2 Day Necrons




Once I saw the new Necrons in White Dwarf, I knew I had to have some. From the time I decided on my force makeup to the time I hit the table was only 2 days. I decided to go with what I call the 'Quantum leap', most units in this army can either re-position (using veils of darkness) or deep strike. Once I had the concept, it was time to do the build.

The Build

Building was fairly simple. I only magnetized the Doomsday Ark and the Annihilation Barge. The warriors had the stupid green plastic rods. The rods had to go, so I used some Plastistruct hex rod to replace them (I painted them to look like they are flowing liquid). This stage only took the Friday night to the Saturday morning.






Painting
The colour scheme was simple. I like the dark green of the codex figures, but I needed a good bright accent colour so went with orange. Not only does the orange make them unique but I think it really breaks up the monotony of the robotic Necron look. this stage only took Saturday morning to Sunday morning. I had them on the table at a local store vs. Dante's Daemon army on the Sunday afternoon.

If you would like to see how I painted them, stay tuned. I have done a build and paint video for the Canoptek Spyder.

As usual if you have any questions or comments, dont be afraid to ask.
Have fun and see you soon in the 4x8 arena.

No comments:

Post a Comment