Welcome

Miniature Apocalypse is all about helping modelers get their figures built with a modicum of quality, on budget and on the table. Remember the game store wants your hard earned money, but they should deserve it before you hand it to them.

Friday, August 22, 2014

-][- Inquisition HQs -][- Part 1


Inquisitors Karamazov and Coteaz


Once again games workshop gets it 80% correct. It just seems to me, they start out with a great idea and then some execs kid says "put a giant eagle on this arm that would look cool!" Well today we will be fixing a few inquisitors.

---****Just a warning. This conversion will suck if you don't have the finecast version.****---

THE BUILDS

lets start with Inquisitor Karamazov (Aka. Admiral Lazyboy Recliner)
I started off just assembling the legs as per instructions.

I cut down the sides of the torso floor and used them to stuff the power plant back. This makes the back part look more finished, otherwise it would be open and I wanted it to look more compatible with the front.


Next I trimmed off the scribe figures hands. I wasn't going to use the figures provided but then I had an idea what if Karamazov had been jammed into the machine like a space marine dreadnaught. I then started taking this walking sarcophagus in mind as I remade the rest.

I took the back off the throne part and carefully cut it down to fit into the front section. To me this is so it looks more like a big pope hat. Behind the hat I put a cut down servitor to represent inquisitor karamazov.
Next I took the power plant and removed the bottom parts carefully so I could use them for the other areas. I used the hoses on the sides of the servitor and the lower areas on the back of his multi-melta. Once the back was fitted I glued on the fuel tank sides.


I them cut off the top of the left side tank and added a bracket to accept the new arm. The arm is made up of an ork grabba claw from the battlewagon kit and a rear claw left over from my helldrake. I them shaved off the rivets and spikes and voila new arm to represent the sword part of karamazov stats.


What we have now is a "pope drednaught" and not an armchair cardinal.




Inquisitor Coteaz was way easier I just stole an arm from a grey knight and replaced the stupid buzzard with a stormbolter. I feel this represents the ranged 24" assault 6 better.



=I=

INQUISITOR COTEAZ
100 POINTS
4.   4.  3.  3.  3.  4.  3.  10.  2+
Unit Type: Infantry (Character)
Unit Composition: 1 (Unique)
Warlord Trait: Daemonhunter

Wargear: Artificer armour, bolt pistol, krak grenades, Master-crafted Nemesis Daemon Hammer, psyk-out grenades.

Psyber-eagle: Coteaz can unleash his Psyber-eagle to the hunt, treated as a shooting attack with the following profile: 24".  Str4.  Ap-   assault6

Special Rules: Independent Character, Psyker (Mastery Level 2), Stubborn

I’ve Been Expecting You: If an enemy unit arrives from reserves within 12" of Coteaz and within his line of sight, Coteaz and his unit can immediately make an out-of-sequence shooting attack against it. There is no limit on how many times the ability can be used in a turn.

Spy Network: Coteaz allows you to re-roll the dice to Seize the Initiative, or force your opponent to re-roll his.

Psychic Powers: Inquisitor Coteaz generates powers from the Daemonology (Sanctic), Divination, Pyromancy, Telekinesis and Telepathy disciplines

=I=
INQUISITOR KARAMAZOV (Aka. Admiral Lazyboy recliner)
200 POINTS
4.  4.  5.  5.  4.  4.  3.  10.  2+

Unit Type: Infantry (Character)
Unit Composition: 1 (Unique)
Warlord Trait: Witch Hunter

Wargear: Master-crafted multi-melta, master-crafted power sword, frag grenades, krak grenades, psyk-out grenades, rad grenades, orbital strike relay.

Special Rules: Independent Character, Relentless.
By Any Means Necessary: When Inquisitor Karamazov’s orbital strike relay is ‘fired’, you can choose to place the template so its centre is over a friendly model, rather than an enemy – even if that friendly model is in combat. If you do so, the shot does not scatter. All models under the template are hit as normal.
Dread Reputation: Inquisitor Karamazov and his unit can always choose to pass or fail Morale and Pinning tests as they wish. In addition, friendly units he is not with, which are within 12" of Inquisitor Karamazov, re-roll all failed Morale and Pinning tests.
Throne of Judgement: Inquisitor Karamazov cannot embark upon vehicles or buildings

=I=

Well thats it for now, have fun and see you in the 4x8 arena.

1 comment: