Welcome

Miniature Apocalypse is all about helping modelers get their figures built with a modicum of quality, on budget and on the table. Remember the game store wants your hard earned money, but they should deserve it before you hand it to them.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Nurglings for fun and profit

Today I'll show you how to make the most from your Nurgling box. I managed to get a good nine bases from the Nurgling box and the extra Nurglings from the plague bearers box.


The new Nurglings are probably the best money for figures I've seen from the Games workshop, ever. Now if this was a mistake or not, I'll leave that one up to future historians. I have always loved the concept of the Nurgling, small disgusting plague spreaders following your army around causing havoc. The art has always depicted them in rather cute anttics, and these new figures are no exception.




When it comes to making swarm bases, I like to represent at least two figures per wound. That said, this was one of the easiest builds I've done. All you have to do is plan out your figures them clip off some arms and horns so the added figures line up. I used the extra figures from the plague bearer box to add wounds and character to the bases.



I am pleased with the final results and I think they will be easy and fun to paint. On the table I've faced them and used them myself. I really do like the unit it is an excellent tar pit for your daemon army and now with the Allies Rules I think ill get even more use out of them. Nothing is more fun than the look on the other guys face when his 5-700 point death star is bogged down for 2 turns by Nurgles finest.


Well that is it for now, as usual your comments or questions are welcome.
Have fun and see you soon in the 4x8 arena.



No comments:

Post a Comment