Welcome

Miniature Apocalypse is all about helping modelers get their figures built with a modicum of quality, on budget and on the table. Remember the game store wants your hard earned money, but they should deserve it before you hand it to them.

Friday, August 17, 2012

Sisters of Battle Character Building


I've been wanting to make a Sisters of Battle army, forever. With 6th edition they seem to be more competative, especially with the new allies rules. We will start this series with sisters characters.
I have to say I've had good experiences with the GW mail order services. All the figures I ordered were in great shape and a good mix of the few poses available. I will warn you to order extra regular sisters packs, as every one had the figure that is sucking a grenade. 

 Pinning a figure like this is well worth the time it takes. To do this you will need a pin vise and some wire. Just drill both sides of your join to a safe depth. Cut a length of wire to match and glue the parts together with Cyano(krazy glue). 


The regular jump pack setup for Saint Celestine is huge, heavy and a massive pain. All the art for her seems to portray her with wings, so one of my Dark Eldar Scourges donated a pair. 





To make the wings look more a part of her I used 2 part epoxysculpt to make the "shoulder hump". 






You can see the original looks like two mutant babies holding up hotel curtains. 







For Uriah Jacobus all I had to do was remove the ork backpack. A friend called it the fanny pack of doom. 






Once finished, I am much happier with the changes. I think they make them both look way cleaner.

Well that's it for now. Ill be painting them this weekend. As always questions and/or suggestions are always welcome.


Have fun and see you soon in the 4x8 arena.

No comments:

Post a Comment